One helping hand can change everything for our kids
The sound of children laughing. At CAC Children’s Services, that is a tremendous reward for what we do. As we prepare infants, toddlers, and preschoolers for success in kindergarten – and for a lifetime – our vision for our community’s children unfolds.
Eligible low-income families – including children from birth to five years old and pregnant women – are welcome to participate in our services at little or no cost.
CAC Children’s Services offers:
- full and part-time schedules for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- nutritious, delicious meals and snacks
- medical, dental, and mental health screenings
- parenting education workshops
- programs for fathers and grandparents
- prenatal screenings for pregnant women
- services for children with special needs and disabilities
- 26 Head Start and Early Head Start centers throughout the County
Success Story: A Little Can Change a Lot
Parental neglect. That’s how Brooklynne began her life. She wasn’t even a year old when she became part of the Child Welfare system.
She was placed with Rosemary and John Rosas and they fell in love with her. When an aunt took her in for a short time, they were devastated. But it was a joyous reunion when she was finally returned to the Rosas family. Determined never to lose her again, they began formal adoption proceedings and enrolled her in the Head Start program. It was important to them that she received a positive early education. She began to thrive.
Today, Brooklynne is a long way from her broken beginnings. Rosemary and John’s loving, supportive home, together with a solid Head Start education, has given her the foundation to soar.